Feature stories usually take the form of a case history involving a project that used a company's product or service, an overview of a certain activity or technology, or a discussion of a trend.
Our Writer’s Guidelines:
For details, email Shelly Cox or call 301-682-6101 and ask for her.
- Your submission must be an exclusive: we publish stories that have not been offered to another national geospatial magazine.
- Length: 1500-2000 words for features, 1000-1200 words for columns, as a rough guide.
- We always need images to go with an article.
- Photos should be high resolution (300 dpi) and large physically. We cannot accept images downloaded from the web, taken with a phone, or embedded in MS Word documents.
- Describe them all. When you’re sending several images, indicate which you would prefer us to use if we can’t fit all of them in the article.
- We do look for possible cover photos. They need to be a minimum 8.5"x11" in addition to high res.
- Do not include heavy-handed testimonials or advertising hype.
- When possible, write in the first person and describe the experience.
- Include a title, a byline, and a brief bio of the author.
- The author is fully responsible for identifying and obtaining publishing permissions for all information and images in the article.
- Upon acceptance, if you'd like extra copies of the magazine in which your article will appear, please send that request to us then.