DAT/EM Systems International released the 7.0 edition of DAT/EM software products including Summit Evolution, Landscape, Capture, MapEditor, Ortho+Mosaic, Airfield3D™ and Contour Creator. The advancements in the new generation of the DAT/EM Photogrammetric Suite represent the latest evolution in technology and are based on customer input and growth within the geospatial industry.
“Our philosophy at DAT/EM is to focus on the user’s specific needs and upgrade the software based on direct client feedback,” says Jeff Yates, DAT/EM General Manager. “By listening to our clients we continually improve the efficiency of our map production software by adding new tools and customization processes. As a result, overall efficiency is increased which creates a better product.”
DAT/EM Photogrammetric Suite Version 7.0 highlights include:
- Native 64-bit support by default. All applications now install as 64-bit programs. 32-bit versions of all software are available as optional installs.
- Summit Evolution now runs on touch screen tablets using Windows 8 and the Summit anaglyph stereo mode.
- The introduction of a beta version of DAT/EM Capture for Blue Marble® Global Mapper®
- Full support with DAT/EM Capture for latest versions of companion vector editors, including AutoDesk™ AutoCAD® 2014, Esri™ ArcGIS® 10.2, and Bentley™ MicroStation® V8i SS3 and Map SS3.
- DAT/EM SuperImposition™ now uses modern OpenGL GPU shaders which enable greater functionality, such as line patterning in Capture for ArcGIS and vertex marking in SuperImposition.
- Summit Evolution camera file has a new option for 12-parameter distortion which uses the 12-parameter “Coefficients” (8 K values, 4 P values) method found in some Trimble® Inpho® Application Master cameras.
- Landscape has a new interactive point edit tool, Brush Z edit. Point elevations surrounding the cursor are used to smooth the points inside the Brush Size circle. Brush Z Edit does this on the fly while moving the cursor.
- And more…
View all of the upgrades and highlights by visiting the DAT/EM Release Notes at datem.com/release
DAT/EM Systems International