» Back to Current Press Releases
» Submit your Press Release
SPAR Europe/European LiDAR Mapping Forum Advisory Board Announced
3D Measurement & Imaging Conferences Name 13 Members
SPAR Point Group announced the appointment of 13 members to the SPAR Europe/European LiDAR Mapping Forum (ELMF) Advisory Board. “We are thrilled to have such knowledgeable and experienced 3D professionals on our Advisory Board,” said Lisa Murray, SPAR Point Group Director. “We will work closely with them on programming and session development, including abstract vetting and approval.” SPAR Europe and European LiDAR Mapping Forum www.SPARPointGroup.com/Europe take place together 11-13 November 2013 at the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (PTA) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The SPAR Europe/ELMF Advisory Board is comprised of asset owners, service providers, academics, vendors and others. They represent the various industries the events cover, including civil infrastructure; land and natural resource management; process, power and utilities; discrete manufacturing and short-range scanning; building and architecture; digital cultural preservation; and forensics and security planning. “Our advisory members are driving 3D innovation,” said Ms. Murray. “They are uniquely qualified to help us design and shape the conference program because they understand first-hand the needs, challenges and wishes of users.”
Ms. Murray added that the combined Advisory Board covers both events. “Because there is tremendous cross-over in the technologies used and the industries served, it made sense to have a single Advisory Board rather than two separate boards.” The events will take place together for the first time in 2013. SPAR Point Group, presenter of the events, acquired the European LiDAR Mapping Forum and its sister event, the International LiDAR Mapping Forum, earlier this year.
The SPAR Europe/European LiDAR Mapping Forum 2013 Advisory Board members are:
- Marius Blom, Managing Director, Apply Capnor
- Erik Pie Claassen, Manager Geo-Information, Fugro GeoServices B.V.
- Andrew Evans, Applications Development Manager, Topcon
- Birgitta Foster, Assisting Director, buildingSMART alliance
- Dieter Fritsch, Head of Photogrammetry Institute, University of Stuttgart
- Lewis Graham, President/CTO, GeoCue Group
- Alastair MacDonald, Managing Director, TMS International Ltd
- John D. Meneely, School of Geography, Archaeology and Palaeoecology, Queens University Belfast
- Marco Methorst, IT Director, Jacobs Engineering
- Alec Miljkovic, IT Stategy Manager Capital Projects, Shell Global Solutions International BV
- Valentin Vanhecke, Specialist Expertise, Netherlands Police
- Pieter van Waarden, Geo Information and Innovation Manager, Rijkswaterstaat
- Jurgen Werbrouck, Technology Coordinator, Grontmij Belgium NV
SPAR Point Group