- Editor's Desk: Changes by Marc Cheves, LS
- Feature: Mapping Alaska's Biorka Island
A Colorado GPS surveying firm surveys a unique site in Alaska's southeast panhandle.
- Feature: Taming a Wilderness: Dead River Basin
Here's how one company handled a survey of more than 7,000 acres in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- Feature: Proposal and Project Software Aids in Engineering Companies' Expansion
Software streamlines two important aspects of daily business management.
- GIS Monitor Supplement: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Data Models (But Were Afraid to Ask)
- NGS Toolkit, Part 4: General Geodetic Computations
- Surveyin' Da Situation: Gadget Boy
The technology bug spreads to a hunting camp in the U.P.
- Hands On: TDS Recon
Our Product Review editor tries out a new rugged handheld computer.
- In Line With GIS: Interdependence of GIS Layers
It is important to recognize the interrelationships of GIS layers in order to leverage funding and efforts, and promote data sharing.
- Book Review: "Washington in Maps 1601-2000," by Iris Miller
A refreshing perspective on America's Capitol City, but not for thin-skinned surveyors.
- On the Horizon: Salaried or Hourly: Professionalism vs. Profit Margin? by Wendy Lathrop, LS
How will Senate Bills 237 and 317 affect surveyors?
- Hands On: FME Suite 2003 X2 from Safe Software, Inc. by Joseph H. Bell, LS
- Products, People, Places
- The History Corner: Joshua Fisher (1621-1672) Colonial Inn-keeper and Surveyor, Part 1 by Silvio A. Bedini
Originally named Contentment, the community of Dedham was settled in part by the Joshua Fisher family of Medfield, England.