- Editor's Desk: Surveying’s International Flavor by Tom Gibson, PE
- Feature: New Workflows Increase Profit
Integrating laser scanning with BIM can yield profitable new business processes for surveyors. The secret lies in keeping the various stakeholders on the same page.
- Aerial Perspective: Faster, Easier, Better
Turnkey solutions are changing the airborne mapping and remote sensing industry.
- LTE: Letters to the Editor
- Cartoon: Out of Plumb by Chase Perryman
- Feature: Constellations Merge
GNSS equipment manufacturers tout the benefits of augmenting GPS with GLONASS. As the bottom line, a test shows that it can provide a clear advantage if you understand how it works.
- Feature: A Loooooooong Survey
Using GNSS helped establish control and boundaries for a California canal, allowing managers to use, maintain, improve, and monitor it effectively for years to come.
- Rules of the Game: Avoiding a Complaint by Effective Communication
Part 1 of 4
- Software Review: Trimble R8 GNSS + Trimble Access
- Intersect: How Have Surveying and GIS Changed in a Down Economy? by Janet Jackson, GISP and Randy Rambeau, Sr., PLS
- 3D Scanning: Versatility Factors for 3D Scanning Software by Geoff Jacobs
- In The Field: LandTech Resources
Matt Connolly, surveyor and owner, tells about his small firm in Williamsburg, Virginia.
- History Corner: The Beginnings of Satellite Geodesy
Part 2: Field Notes from the Satellite Triangulation Project
- Book Review: Trevor Lloyd Wadley and the Tellurometer by Wilhelm A. Schmidt, PLS
Trevor Lloyd Wadley: Genius of the Tellurometer, by Mary Wadley von Hirshberg and The Tellurometer: From Dr. Wadley to the MRA7, compiled by J.R. Smith, B. Sturman, and A.F. Wright