- Feature: New School on the Bloc
In Kazakhstan, a ministry team surveys a site for a new school, getting an inside look at this thriving post-Soviet democracy in the process.
- Cartoon: Out of Plumb by Chase Perryman
- Letters to the Editor
- Editor's Desk: International Surveying Adds Another Dimension by Tom Gibson, PE
- Book Review: "How the States Got Their Shapes" by Mark Stein by Wilhelm A. Schmidt, PLS
- Feature: Equipping Students Worldwide
Providing discounted surveying equipment and training to educational institutions worldwide helps keep students on the cutting edge.
- Business Leader: Javad Ashjaee, JAVAD GNSS
- Aerial Perspective: Photogrammetry Helps GISers Overcome Challenges of Island Life
- Business Angle: Website Optimization by Jeff Salmon, Editor
Part II: Using Google Analytics to measure your website performance (plus other ways to boost your survey shops's web presence)
- Conference Recap: GIS: Designing Our Future by Tom Gibson, PE
ESRI Survey & Engineering GIS Summit and User Conference
- Software Review: Safe Software's FME Desktop Translator/Converter by James White, PLS
- Around the Globe: Five Years Under Water
At the Magdeburg Waterways Junction in Germany, laser scanning made quick work of surveying during a short maintenance down time.
- Education in Surveying: MCC Longview's Surveying Program