- Editor's Desk: 'Tis the Season by Tom Gibson, PE
- Feature: Smart Move
A company that installs flood vents in houses works extensively with surveyors in floodplain mapping.
- Feature: Standing DFIRM
An engineering and surveying firm leverages new GIS technology to streamline a labor-intensive flood insurance rate mapping process.
- Feature: Digging Into the Geodetic Past
By attempting to relocate forgotten stations in New Jersey, a surveyor honors the 200th birthday of the Coast Survey, now NOAA.
- Feature: Terrain Datasets to the Forefront
By working with GIS analysts and water resource engineers, surveyors can play an important role in modeling watersheds and floodplains.
- Feature: Looking Back on Libya
A seasoned surveyor reflects on spending two years engaged in geodetic Doppler positioning in the Middle Eastern desert.
- History Corner: Monument to American Surveying
Taking shape in Springfield, Illinois, the National Museum of Surveying eagerly awaits its opening next year.
- Surveying the Capitol: Senate Committee Passes Hydrographic Surveying and Mapping Bill by Laurence Socci
- The Next Generation: How Do We Spread the Word about Surveying? by Ashley Rose-Nalin
Meet Surveying's Future
- Second Thoughts: Landscape Painters on Survey Expeditions by Wilhelm A. Schmidt, PLS
- Intersect: What's the Smart Solution for Mapping Shifting Sands? by Janet Jackson, GISP and Randy Rambeau, Sr., PLS
2 Professionals; 2 Opinions; 2 Points of View.
- Ask the Experts: What Level of Accuracy Do I Need for GPS RTK Equipment
Ask the experts in the fields your questions, and see their answers.
- Aerial Perspective: Pribilof Islands, Alaska; LiDAR Survey Project
- Gigglebytes: American Indian Artifacts and Surveyors by Tommy Woodsmall, PLS
- Conference Recap: ASPRS 2007 Annual Conference by Tom Gibson, PE
- Business Angle: Process Management: The Path to Profitability by Jeff Salmon, Editor
- Rules of the Game: Meaning What You Say by Saying What You Mean by Donald A. Wilson, LLS, PLS, RPF, Land Boundary Consultant
- GIS - The Greater Extent: GIS Professional Certification by Matteo Luccio, MS
- 3D Scanning: Demand Increasing for Laser Scanning, Part 2 by Geoff Jacobs
- Letters to the Editor
- People, Products, Places