- Editor's Desk: May Flowers Bloom in Many Ways by Tom Gibson, PE
- Feature: Falling Rock Zone by Aaron Garcia, PS and Nathan Kempf
A surveying firm combined laser scanning, GPS, aerial mapping, and photogrammetry to make a highway in the mountains of New Mexico safer.
- Feature: Aerial Imagery from Different Angles
A consortium of companies is mapping most of Western Europe using a unique new camera system that combines vertical and oblique photography.
- Feature: Surveying Goes Underground by Matthias Fuhrland
Using mirrored attachments to a total station allows measuring subsurface infrastructure such as tunnels, mine shafts, and sewers--all from above ground.
- Feature: Measuring Volumes of Rock
An experience in mapping a limestone quarry has set a new Illinois aerial mapping firm on an innovative path.
- Guest Editorial: A George Washington Survey
Original or Plagiarized?
- The Next Generation by Ashley Rose-Nalin
Meet Surveying's Future
- Feature: Magellan Announces the ProMark3 RTK for Satellite Positioning by Tom Gibson, PE
The lower-priced system gives centimeter accuracy in real time.
- Aerial Perspective: Unmanned Aerial Vehicle for Observation and Mapping
Remotely controlled and autonomous, the microdrone adds another dimension to aerial mapping.
- Conference Recap: ASCM 2007 by Tom Gibson, PE
Meet at the Arch for the ACSM-IPLSA-MSPS 2007 Annual Conference and Technology Exhibition
- Gigglebytes: Chased by Bees, Scared by Snakes, and Ready to Run by Tommy Woodsmall, PLS
- Intersect: How Can We Attract Young People to Our Professions? by Janet Jackson, GISP and Randy Rambeau, Sr., PLS
2 Professionals, 2 Opinions, 2 Points of View.
- Letters to the Editor
- Surveying the Capitol: Upcoming Surveying-Related Federal Issues by Laurence Socci
- GIS - The Greater Extent: Shifting Boundaries between Consumer and Professional Geospatial Applications by Matteo Luccio, MS
- Second Thoughts: The Bewildering Gully by Wilhelm A. Schmidt, PLS
- Business Angle: Secure Your Company's PCs by Jeff Salmon, Editor
Your survey shop depends on your computers; here are some easy and cost-effective ways to protect them from viruses and spyware.
- E-Files: Territorial Rights by Stephen Estopinal, PE, PLS
- Rules of the Game: Parallels with Forensic Investigations by Donald A. Wilson, LLS, PLS, RPF, Land Boundary Consultant
- People, Products, Places