Locating Property Pins based on Location Drawing/Plat Drawing with weird coordinates 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Locating Property Pins based on Location Drawing/Plat Drawing with weird coordinates

Name Message
steppinthrax

Topic  Locating Property Pins based on Location Drawing/Plat Drawing with weird coordinates       Flag »  Reply »
I purchased a 1 acre property a few months ago.  I recieved a location drawing at closing.  It shows property pins were set on the corners.  It also gives Degrees, Minutes and seconds as well as bearing (N, E, S, W).  It also gives feet of each property line.  On the drawing it indicates iron rods were set at each point of the property.  It also gives coordinates, but in thousands.  For example it shows pin 24 is set at (10015.861, 10646.883)????  My goal is to find the location of the property pins.  Can I deduce the location based on this drawing?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/hzaidi1/property/prop.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/hzaidi1/property/prop2.jpg
  Monday, March 05, 2012 at 12:10:09 PM
Isleno

Reply  Re: Locating Property Pins based on Location Drawing/Plat Drawing with weird coordinates Flag »  Reply »
Have you gone to the property and searched for the corner monuments? Was the survey performed for you? If so, the surveyor would be happy to assist you in finding the corner markers. If all you have is a copy of and old survey plat it may require some effort in the field to find the old markers.
  Wednesday, March 07, 2012 at 2:09:14 PM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Locating Property Pins based on Location Drawing/Plat Drawing with weird coordinates

» Reply to Locating Property Pins based on Location Drawing/Plat Drawing with weird coordinates Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.

Website design and hosting provided by 270net Technologies in Frederick, Maryland.