Best Data Collector? 

Name Message
Thomas LaCorte

Topic  Best Data Collector?       Flag »  Reply »

Which data collector do you use? I use the Recon with TDS software. Others swear by the Ranger with either TDS or TOPSURV software. I don't miss the keypad at all in fact I like the touch screen. I also find TDS software more user friendly than TOPSURV. TDS software with my RTK hyper-lite and blue tooth is an unbeatable configuration! Any other opinions? Maybe on some of the other data collectors and other software? 
  Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 6:34:14 PM
Rich

Reply  Re: Best Data Collector? Flag »  Reply »
We're really enjoying Carlson's SurvCE on Allegros at the moment for conventional. All the best of TDS and SDR in a new and intuitive interface with great field mapping capabilities.

Still can't beat the TSC2 with TSC for GPS work though, that's the best setup in my book for RTK and PPK. It can run multiple routines simultaneously and allows you to switch between the operations without interrupting any of them.
  Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 12:10:28 AM
Bigguns

My personal preference in the Ranger with TDS software....i have used both the Recon and Ranger and have always found the Ranger to be more user friendly. =)
  Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 3:57:41 PM
Thomas LaCorte

Thanks for your input. I have seen the ranger but never used it. I love my recon. It seems to be smaller, lighter ect. then the ranger. I kind of dont want to give that up. Every Ranger user I talked to likes them. Maybe one day if my recon breaks down I will get a ranger. Price is higher is it not? I know you love that key board don't you. 
  Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 8:42:10 PM
Bigguns

Yeah that keyboard really does make a world of difference to me, and the use of hot keys to be able to bounce directly from traverse mode to inverse to stakeout or any other mode you may want or need without having to go thru multiple screens to get there

Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 9:54:03 AM
Neeraj

I kind of dont want to give that up. 
Get 100Gb free space with surdoc tru privacy security policy
http://www.surdoc.com

Monday, October 21, 2013 at 1:12:42 PM

» Reply to Best Data Collector? Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.

Website design and hosting provided by 270net Technologies in Frederick, Maryland.