lot split flagging 

Name Message
natedaag

Topic  lot split flagging       Flag »  Reply »
hi,

i recently hired a surveyor to do a lot split.  i have ten acres which is approximately trapezoidal in shape - top and bottom parallel, wider at the bottom, narrower at the top - which i wanted split into two five acres pieces, roughly in half.  he only put ribbons at the existing corners. 

my question is if there is a common practice that should be followed regarding staking the new corners of a lot split?  are the new ribbons/stakes to be expected with a lot split survey, or should i expect him to require another visit (and more $) to flag the other corners.

everyone i talk to agrees with me that he should have marked the new corners - including people who have done their own splits recently - but i don't know if there's a rule regarding this.

nothing about this lot split has been easy - from "a cloud on the title," to the ex-mother-in-law hiring a lawyer.  i thought i'd hired a surveyor i could trust, but i'm afraid now he's gonna tell me i gotta pay him to come back out and put the new corners.  i thought that was included, but i didn't ask, so now i'm not sure.

thanks in advance.
nate.
  Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 8:03:54 PM

» Reply to lot split flagging Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.

Website design and hosting provided by 270net Technologies in Frederick, Maryland.