FAA 1A/2C standards? 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » FAA 1A/2C standards?

Name Message
uncletim

Topic  FAA 1A/2C standards?       Flag »  Reply »
Hi,

I am a LSIT and have a question regarding FAA 1A/2C letters.  I have been doing cellular telecommunications site for may years and of course that mean I have produced very many FAA1A or 2C letters (that contain, among other things, lats and longs/elevation at a specific point; usually denoting where are proposed monopole/cell tower is going to go) and I was just recently asked the following question:  What exactly are the standards for creating a FAA1A/2C letter?  I have torn up the internet looking for a faq sheet from the FAA/ASAC and cannot seem to find one.

I know this may sound silly, but now I'd like to really see this standard/requirement.  At the bottom of our typical FAA1A is the following line:

"meet or exceed 1-A Standards as defined in the F.A.A. A.S.A.C. Information Sheet 91:003"

but for the life of me I cannot seem to locate that above information sheet.

Can you folks here help?

Thanks in advance,

uncletim
  Wednesday, January 07, 2009 at 8:13:56 PM
Thomas LaCorte

Reply  Re: FAA 1A/2C standards? Flag »  Reply »
Sorry wish I could help. I will ask around though and get back to you if I hear anything.
  Monday, January 26, 2009 at 5:52:17 PM
Push

Try this link:  https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/content/surveyAccuracy.jsp 

The number in the form relates to the relative precision of horizontal location; i.e., 1 = 20 feet horizontal tolerance; 2 = 50 feet. 

The letter relates the precision associated with the reported vertical measurement; i.e., A = 3 feet; C = 20 feet of vertical tolerance. 

I hope that helps you. 
  Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 12:19:43 AM
14erco

A further question on FAA 1A and 2C letters:  Since this is not a boundary survey, does it require a stamped and signed drawing?  Does it require a PLS stamp in the state in which it was conducted?
  Thursday, March 03, 2011 at 3:48:47 PM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » FAA 1A/2C standards?

» Reply to FAA 1A/2C standards? Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.

Website design and hosting provided by 270net Technologies in Frederick, Maryland.