Problem with Trimble S6 during resection 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Problem Corner » Problem with Trimble S6 during resection

Name Message
BenR

Topic  Problem with Trimble S6 during resection       Flag »  Reply »

Howdy

I'm using a Trimble S6 robotically with Survey Controller v12.49. 

The problem I have isn't common and it's very frustrating. It only occurs during 2 point resections, but this machine only gets used on jobs that have 2 visible control points, so it may not be the cause, just a co-incident.

What happens is I do the normal resection, in any of the varieties of combinations of Face one/two and at the end, it gives an error/delta reading. Typically, we either add a point or end face. I always end face to confirm the readings, this is when the problem occurs.

I press End Face and the instrument will read Face 1 again, then as it turns to Face 2, or as it turns to point 2, it will instead point elsewhere, typically at the ground next to it, or up into the sky. It gives no error or reason and if you manually turn it to the point, some times the auto-lock will not engage. If it does, you can complete the resection, but the deltas don't match before, either by around 20mm or several hundred metres. If the auto-lock doesn't engage, you have to discard the resection and start again.

The problem doesn't occur every time.

Has any one heard of this before? The machine has been serviced recently and is well with in spec

My supplier is baffled, as they can't replicate the error.

This problem has been known to occur mid survey, generally when you are just about to locate a point for set out and you have a team of form workers waiting for you. But it's very rare during actual work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 6:46:05 PM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Problem Corner » Problem with Trimble S6 during resection

» Reply to Problem with Trimble S6 during resection Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.

Website design and hosting provided by 270net Technologies in Frederick, Maryland.