Does the type of 4 year education matter? 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Education » Does the type of 4 year education matter?

Name Message
JackieC

Topic  Does the type of 4 year education matter?       Flag »  Reply »
Hi everyone,
I just realized that being a surveyor could be the career for me to fall in love with.  I have loved looking at all sorts of maps ever since I was little.  I really need the mix of field and office work because I loathe mechanically working out at the gym. I love working with and figuring out data.  And geology, geometry and the natural resources are my favorite subjects. I ended up choosing Environmental Policy as my 4 yr. degree because I thought I could be the protector.  But lately I've come to realized that fuse of politics and lobbying interest groups is too much for me to deal with.  Ever since my high school years I have preferred natural resources work that involved monitoring, surveying and recording.

I know that the NCESS FS exam requires a 4 year degree from reading the description on their website.  And they probably prefer someone who has that degree in surveying. But do you think it'll be okay for me to take the test if my degree isn't exactly in surveying? I am willing to study surveying materials and books to get a good grasp on the subject area. But  I don't think I am willing to do go to school for another 2 years for an Associates in Geomatics.  Later on in the future, I may eventually want to get a masters in Surveying.
  Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 1:12:13 PM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Education » Does the type of 4 year education matter?

» Reply to Does the type of 4 year education matter? Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.

Website design and hosting provided by 270net Technologies in Frederick, Maryland.