Trimble business center - notes from data collector? 

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Trimble business center - notes from data collector?

Name Message
Carl5397

Topic  Trimble business center - notes from data collector?       Flag »  Reply »

I just got trimble business center I am running version 2.7, As most surveyors, I have been using TGO for along time and I am have trouble with keeping my same work flow with TBC.

I normally can shoot a topo shot with my 5800 and tsc2, say for example a fire hydrant.

I store the shot then I hit "ctl N" to keyin a rotation note for example "ROT 90" then I store the note. Then in TGO I could download my daily file from the collector, select my data by selection set, export it to a SDR file and the notes would always come in under the shot in the sdr file, this was very nice because I could import sdr into Microstation inroads and it would rotate my cells for me so my signs, hydrants would face the right direction.   I can not find in TBC any where that lets me export as a sdr, or any format that would let me get the notes to export attached to the point previously shot. If anyone knows of a way to export out of TBC the keyed in notes from the data collector so they are attached to the points please let me know I would really be thankful for it.  

Currently for a temporary fix have been keying my notes in after the code in my point description space but this is creating alot of extra work I was not doing before.

No SDR export means a using a CSV file, this also is changing my import options in Mircostation and is adding some processing time on place cells and notes from the field.

Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks

Carl Gilbert, PLS

Sunday, September 02, 2012 at 2:52:58 AM
Carl5397

Reply  Re: Trimble business center - notes from data collector? Flag »  Reply »
I figured it out, turns out the TSC2 and the TSC3 data collectors both have a options to export from the data collector as a SDR33DC file I can drop this directly from the collector into windows and make my edits on the sdr as needed.  I basically had to skip TBC. I think trimble needs to really look at more export options for TBC. The custom exporter could be improved, as well as the standard export options should have the same out of the box setup that TGO had.
  Wednesday, September 05, 2012 at 10:42:29 AM

Professional Surveyor Boards » Ask an Expert » Trimble business center - notes from data collector?

» Reply to Trimble business center - notes from data collector? Topic

In order to post a new message, you must first be logged into an account.

Website design and hosting provided by 270net Technologies in Frederick, Maryland.